YOU ARE STILL HERE? WE HAVE MOVED TO THECHOBBLE.COM

Stay Updated and Subscribe

Rss feed
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rate My Cop.....New Website

Source: Jotman.com

An interesting new website out of the US is RateMyCop.com. It is intended to allow citizens to rate the performance of local police officers.

Incidentally, RateMyTeachers reports: "We currently know of 967 schools and 181 school districts blocking RateMyTeachers. . . ."
Update: I've been reading police officer reactions to the RateMyCop, and it seems the site raises very serious safety concerns among the officers:

-"I would urge each of you to contact your agency and association/union in an effort to get the site shut down to protect officers nationwide."

-"Bad deal. Just sent the link to my command to see if they can have someone look into it more. My entire 1,000+ officer departent is listed."

-"Looks like a shopping center for cop killers to me. Pick a name that sounds good then go pick off the officer. That site is nothing more than a disaster waiting to happen."

-"My Sheriff has turned it over to the County Attorney’s Office. We don’t want our names on a public list. I have gone through great measures to keep my information private. I have had people in custody that have given me threats and told me where I live and the color of my house. I really don’t wan’t my name all over the internet for just anybody to look at."

Source: Jotman.com




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why anyone thinks cop killers will use this site as a list of targets, if that was a real concern wouldn't the police car in your driveway be a bigger concern? Lets be honest about this and hear some real concerns from the police......

Unknown said...

I concur. I think the bigger concern is that cops don't want to be publicly listed and have their information available....to anyone